Aloha Council Wood Badge
Join us on a journey of lifelong learning
Wood Badge Training
August 29-31 & Sept 12-14
Course Director: John McMillan
“Wood Badge is one of the best experiences I have had in Scouting and it has helped me be a stronger leader
both for my Scouts and in my home and workplace." Email, call or text me for more information.
What is Wood Badge?
Wood Badge is:
- Scouting's PREMIER TRAINING PROGRAM for all adult leaders.
- LEADERSHIP TRAINING, applicable to all scouting positions
- A TOOL FOR IMPROVING all scouting programs, including yours.
Topics include Managing Conflict, Communicating, Listening to Learn, Valuing People and Leveraging Diversity, Stages of Team Development, team and individual leadership, Coaching and Mentoring, Project Planning and much, much more.
The purpose of Wood Badge is to develop skilled leaders who can strengthen Scouting units in achieving the mission of the Boy Scouts of America, which is "to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law".
You go to Wood Badge to improve your leadership of small groups, and your understanding of how teams develop. The heart of Wood Badge is small group leadership. It is great fun too. This training is not only for Scouting. It also helps people at work, in church, with other groups, and in families.
Every scout deserves trained leaders.
- You will gain a better understanding of scouting's programs.
- You will gain a better understanding and useful tools for the challenges you face as scout leader.
- You will set achievable goals in your primary scouting position.
- You will have fun, make new friends and enjoy your scouting job more.
Wood Badge is a MOUNTAINTOP EXPERIENCE.
Many previous participants describe Wood Badge as one of the most enjoyable and meaningful scouting experiences of their lives. Many Scouters consider Wood Badge to be a peak experience in their Scouting lives. It has served as a source of training and inspiration to many thousands. In return, Wood Badge participants have positively affected the lives of millions of Scouts.
Become the kind of leader that our youth will remember... ALL THEIR LIVES
Join us and experience Wood Badge yourself!