Ka'ala District Events
Aloha Ka'ala leaders!
First, I wanted to let you know what's coming up this month at Roundtable!
- We'll show you our program planning tools (now all online) for the 2016-2017 program year. We now have a very useful spreadsheet for you that can help you figure out your budget and fundraising needs.
- We have recruitment materials you can request if you'll be doing recruitment this spring.
- We'll announce the Boy Scout, Cub Scout, Scoutmaster, Cubmaster, and everything else Of The Year!
- Boy Scout leaders will be talking about how to integrate STEM into your program, while Cub Scout leaders will focus on this month's theme, "My Animal Friends," and learn about day camp!
- We have your unit's charter certificate! Come pick it up.
Roundtable is how you can get even better as a leader, and we hope to see everyone there! It's especially great for new leaders to get connected and network with other leaders in the district.
Our upcoming Roundtable is on
Thursday, April 14, 7-8:30 PM
at the Mililani Stake Center (Sage Building)
The Ka'ala district dinner will take place on May 12th (instead of Roundtable; same place). This will be a semi-potluck-style event for the whole family with a fee of only $10! Registration is not online yet, but keep your calendar open!
Every youth deserves a trained leader. If you haven't taken this step in your Scouting journey yet, consider joining us on April 9 for assistant/Scoutmaster, assistant/Cubmaster, and Den Leader training, and/or on April 15 and 16 for Boy Scout and Webelos outdoor leader training. It'll be worth it!
The dates for Cub Scout day camp are June 17-18. Note that this is a date change from before--hope that's not a problem for anyone. We're looking for Boy Scout troops to help us put on this awesome program--please contact me (Caleb) if you can help out. My email is Caleb.Turner@scouting.org and my cell phone is 724-8747.
Time to plan ahead--fall camporee is September 16-18 at Pupukea. Hope to see you there!
Kaala District Commissioner Meeting 1st Wednesday – Monthly
Kaala District Committee Meeting 1st Thursday – Monthly
Kaala District Roundtable 2nd Thursday – Monthly
Council Quarterly Combined Program Meeting 4th Thursday, March, June, Sept
Council Commissioner Meeting 3rd Tuesday – Monthly
LDS Relations Committee Meeting 1st Tues., Mar. June, Sept, Dec