Merit Badge Counselors
HERE COMES OUR 103rd MAKAHIKI BOY SCOUT SHOW!
Saturday, May 3, 2014 at the Edith Kanaka'ole Tennis Stadium
So... what does this annual event mean to your unit??
WHAT IS THE MAKAHIKI SHOW???
* Makahiki is an annual event put on by the Aloha Council and the Pukahi District showcasing scout talents and allowing scouts to participate in games and activities to support their scouting growth.
* Makahiki is the oldest scouting show in the America and will be celebrating its 103rd year
* This year's Makahiki Theme is: Scout Strong, Fit For Life
* Makahiki for the Pukahi District will be held at the Edith Kanakaole Tennis Stadium on Saturday May 3rd, 2014
* All scout packs, troops, crews, teams, and posts are encouraged to participate by setting up a booth (10'x10' space) to showcase their unit.
* You can sign up for booth space by filling out the Makahiki Booth Participation Sheet.
* Your unit can setup their booth on Friday May 2nd, 2014 from 4 pm - 8pm. There will be a security guard at the Tennis stadium overnight to guard the booths that are setup.
* Program Suggestions for Booth Design are included in the Makahiki Participation Guidebook
What can you expect at the Scout Show???
Outdoor cooking demonstrations
First Aid demonstration
Outdoor backpack demonstration
Iron Chef Cooking competition
Pinewood Derby and Sailboat Regatta Finals
And much more!!
Why should your unit have a booth?
- Show us what your unit has been up to!
- Have a fun and easy game for boys to play (like a bean bag toss)
- Impart some great scout information (like how to tie simple knots)
- Visitors might want to JOIN YOUR UNIT!!! Here's a good chance to "show your stuff!"
SEE YOU THERE!!!!
Please email back completed Booth Participation Sheets to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 959-3568 or you can register by clicking the Register link at the bottom of the page.
MAKAHIKI KAU KAU CARD SALES
First of all, our PUKAHI District is again offering the Makahiki Kau Kau Card Sales!
WHAT IS THE KAU KAU CARD?
- Your unit can sell these cards as both a fundraiser for the district, AND also for your unit.
- The cards sell for $12... and that's $12 for 2 cards.
- The cards offers both one time discounts on Food and Service items... PLUS ON-GOING discounts!
- Your unit can earn 45% of the sales ($5.40 of the $12) if you turn in all cards and monies by May 1, 2014.
- In addition, if you attended the Makahiki Rally on February 22nd, have a booth at our Makahiki AND schedule a Family Friends of Scouting (FOS) presentation for your unit, turning in all FOS monies by May 12, 2014, your unit receives 50%!
- An additional bonus: if all the above conditions are met AND your card sales average 5 cards per registered scout, your unit will earn 52% commission!
If you missed the Kau Kau Card Sales Kickoff on February 22nd, it's not too late to join the campaign! Just print out the Makahiki Unit Commitment Form and get it to the office. Fax number is 959-3568, email is email@example.com.
If you have questions, comments and / or suggestions, please e-mail: Webmaster
Hours of Operation
8:30 AM-5:00 PM
10:00 AM- 3:00 PM