Instructor, Rick Shema, will relate valuable information from July 2015 Philmont Training Center Disabilities Awareness Conference. Topics include registering beyond the age of eligibility, alternate advancement requirements, time extension for Eagle Scout, etc.
1. Opening Remarks: Jeffery Sulzbach, Scout Executive (TBD)
2. Special Guest Speaker: TBD
3. Highlights from Philmont Training Center Conference on Disabilities Awareness
4. How to Get Reluctant Parents More Involved
5. Care Providers
6. Scouts have rights too!
7. Accommodations vs Modifications for advancement requirements
8. Peer Buddy vs Buddy System
9. Networking Opportunity
When: Saturday, September 24, 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Where: Aloha Council, President’s Hall
Continental Breakfast and Refreshments (hosted by GAPS)
Audience: All District Disability Awareness Representatives, parents, and adult leader with special interest in helping Scouts with disabilities.
Point of Contact: Rick Shema, GAPS Chair. firstname.lastname@example.org; mobile: 808-291-9949