Aloha Ko Olina leaders!
First, I wanted to let you know what's coming up this month at Roundtable!
Our upcoming Roundtable is on
Thursday, April 14, 7-8:30 PM
at the Kalaeloa Chapel, 2074 Lauwiliwili St., Kapolei
- We'll show you our program planning tools (now all online) for the 2016-2017 program year. We now have a very useful spreadsheet for you that can help you figure out your budget and fundraising needs.
- We have recruitment materials you can request if you'll be doing recruitment this spring.
- We'll announce the Boy Scout, Cub Scout, Scoutmaster, Cubmaster, and everything else Of The Year!
- Specific training for Boy Scouts and Cub Scout leaders!
- We have your unit's charter certificate! Come pick it up.
Roundtable is how you can get even better as a leader, and we hope to see everyone there! It's especially great for new leaders to get connected and network with other leaders in the district.
Here's what else is happening:
Our dates for Cub Scout Day Camp are June 17-18. This will be a big event, so make sure to keep your schedule open! We're looking for Boy Scout troops to help us put on this awesome program--please contact me (Caleb) if you can help out. My email is Caleb.Turner@scouting.org and my cell phone is 724-8747.
Please join Mr Willy Wonka and his cast of characters for a night of pure imagination, games and fun. You won't want to miss Ko Olina District's Volunteer Appreciation Dinner on 23 April from 6:00 - 9ish pm. The location of the event will be at the factory gates, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Makakilo Hawaii Stake. This is an event for the whole family. Those interested can visit the event page.
Get excited for Ko Olina Spring Camporee! Keep May 20-22 open, and stay tuned for more info.
Cub Scout day camp is coming up early this summer: June 17-18! We're looking for Boy Scout troops to help us put on this awesome program--please contact me (Caleb) if you can help out. My contact info is at the bottom of this page.
Every youth deserves a trained leader. If you haven't taken this step in your Scouting journey yet, consider joining us on April 9 for assistant/Scoutmaster, assistant/Cubmaster, and (Webelos) Den Leader training, and/or on April 15 and 16 for Boy Scout and Webelos outdoor leader training. It'll be worth it!