Na Mokupuni O' Lawelawe Lodge
The purpose of the Order of the Arrow is to recognize those campers, Scouts, Explorers and Scouters, who best exemplify the Scout Oath and Law in their daily lives, to develop and maintain the camping traditions and spirit, to promote both short and long term camping, and to crystallize the Scout habit of helpfulness into a life purpose of leadership in cheerful service to others.
The Order of the Arrow (OA) was founded by Dr. E. Urner Goodman and Carroll A. Edson in 1915 at the Treasure Island Camp of the Philadelphia Council, B.S.A. It became an official program experiment in 1922 and was approved as part of the Boy Scout program in 1934. In 1948 the Order of the Arrow, recognized as the Boy Scouts of America’s National Brotherhood of Honor Campers, became an official part of the National Camping Program of the Boy Scouts of America.
The Na Mokupuni O Lawelawe Lodge 567 is the local branch of the National Order of the Arrow organization. It is chartered as the local lodge of the Aloha Council, Boy Scouts of America. The name “Na Mokupuni O Lawelawe” when translated into English from Hawaiian means “Islands of Service”. The lodge totem is the “Wa’a Kaulua” or the Hawaiian canoe.